- (1 - About 1" thick) Delmonico Steak
- (1/4 Teaspoon) Black Pepper (Coarse)
- (1/2 Teaspoon) Kosher Sea Salt
- (See below) Compound Butter
Compound Butter Ingredients:
- Wax paper
- 1/4 cup Organic, unsalted butter (Room Temperature)
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh parsley
Compound Butter Preparation
1. In a small mixing bowl, combine the butter, parsley, lemon juice and garlic. Mix thoroughly.
2. Put the butter mixture on a piece of wax paper and form into a log shape.
3. Chill the butter log for at least one-half hour to allow the flavors to combine.
You can keep this butter chilled and just slice off pieces as needed.
Sprinkle your grass fed steaks with the pepper and salt; then rub each steak with a small amount of olive oil.
Pre-heat a cast iron skillet or grill pan over medium heat; once it is preheated, turn the temperature down to low.
Sear the steak on both sides (3 - 5 minutes per side)
Reduce the heat to as low as it will go and slowly cook until it reaches your desired internal temperature (lower for medium rare (about 145) and higher (about 160) for well done.
Pull the steak off the skillet and allow it to rest for 10 minutes!
While it is resting, slice off a piece of the compound butter and let it melt on top of the steak. And enjoy!!