- (13 Tablespoons) Olive oil, divided
- (2 - 12 oz) NY Strip Steak
- (1 Teaspoon) Kosher salt, divided
- (1 Teaspoon) freshly ground black pepper, divided
- (1 (3-in.)) Rosemary sprig
- (1 clove) Garlic clove, crushed
- (To taste) Rosemary leaves (optional)
Heat grill pan over medium-high. Brush 1 tablespoon oil on steaks; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
Add rosemary sprig, garlic, and 1 tablespoon oil to pan. Add steaks; cook 9 minutes or until desired degree of doneness, turning steaks and basting with oil once every minute
Place steaks on a cutting board; let stand 5 minutes. Slice steaks across grain; place on a platter. Drizzle with juices from cutting board and remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Garnish with rosemary leaves, if desired.